Benefits of Health Advocacy
What are the benefits of working with a health advocate?
When you work with Montgomery Health Advocates, you:
- Receive personal services from someone who is independent, objective, and on your side, working only for you.
- Get help asking questions you didn’t know you needed to ask.
- Obtain the information you need in language you can understand.
- Have assistance sorting through and understanding information about your condition(s) from someone who understands the medical system.
- Receive guidance on how to untangle competing problems and set priorities.
- More confidently decide what direction your care should take after examining all your options, and the risks and benefits of those choices.
- Feel more secure and at ease because you understand your diagnoses, plan of care, and planned follow up.
- Feel more empowered to partner with your health care providers.
- Manage your medical situation and self-care with more confidence.
- Trade in worry, doubt, and indecision for peace of mind.