- Translating medical language and explaining your diagnosis, treatment plan, and medical language.
- Researching your treatment options and alternatives, along with their risks and benefits.
- Going with you to medical appointments to act as your second set of eyes and ears.
- Checking on you in the hospital.
- Aiding in preparing of questions you didn’t even know to ask your health care providers.
- Helping you to clarify your personal goals and values so that your health and medical care choices align with them.
- Assisting you to make informed medical decisions after considering the options that are available to you.
- Helping you to partner with health care providers to manage your care.
- Identifying credible medical information sources
- Guiding you to available community resources for care.
- Reviewing simple insurance and medical billing issues.
- Planning for future health care needs.
While I do not give second opinions or make recommendations, I do help you make sense of the information you have and help you work with your health care providers more effectively.
I act as a consultant to you and your family and do not provide direct, hands-on health care, medical diagnosis, or treatment of any type.
Because I don’t provide transportation, I’ll be happy to help you coordinate it, if necessary.